"Hi, are you Malcolm?"

Here I am as a senior, studying. My knee is in a brace. It's still sore, but has made some great progress.

I was off campus yesterday, by myself. I had stopped to get some lunch. People laugh at me because I like a cup of coffee before my meal (when I'm out). Anyway, I'm sitting there in the busy sub-shop, drinking my coffee and up to my table comes someone I've never met or seen that I know of. She asks me, "are you Malcolm?" I said, "Yes, I'm Malcolm Ludwig."

She then asked if she could sit down. I just kinda smirked and said, "sure." She told how sorry she felt for me because of my injury. I just kinda shrugged. Her dad follows the team and according to her, he says I'd go pro if I just applied myself.

We sat and talked for about 45 minutes. I never ate. It was weird because I felt nervous eating in front of her.

Wendy, is sweet, and I appreciated her comments. We actually had a very nice conversation.

No comments: